Monday, March 19, 2012

Progress or just set backs?

Things have been a bit quiet here for blogging. Last week was pretty busy, but then we added a quick weekend trip to the beach for St. Patrick's day! We had a great weekend and are trying to get back into the swing of things.

Can you see the picture of my kids at the beach??

March is typically a busy month for us - 2 birthdays for the little ones. We did a mini celebration this past weekend with the grandparents. It was a Tom and Jerry filled weekend - for my almost 3 year old. Luckily, I did some searching about a month ago (no, I don't normally think that far ahead!) and found some Tom and Jerry party supplies. Something that is hard to come by these days. I do LOVE Amazon.com.

Can you see the picture of my little one with her cake??

Then it was time to celebrate St. Patrick's day - with a parade and street fair. Rides, games, face painting, and browsing the street vendors. yes - there was a ton of food - but I tried hard not to eat any of that. I mostly succeeded. My bigger problem was the cake, brownies, ice cream, and cookies waiting for us at the condo. :P
The pizza and hotdogs we were having for dinners and HUGE breakfasts were NOT hip friendly. All things considered, I thought I did ok. I did manage to get in 2 workouts (although 10 would have been needed to compensate for all the food). We also did a bit of walking and were in the pool each day. Every bit helps (at least that is what I keep telling myself).

Can you see the picture of footprints in the sand??

BUT, the scale was NOT kind this morning. I have already gotten my workout in and am doing well with food so far. Motivation is high today, so I anticipate a good day.

Man - old habits are HARD to break. Funny (interesting, not haha) how people and locations can trigger bad habits to SOOOO easily appear. No excuses. I am still making choices every day with what I put into my mouth and I don't blame ANYONE other than myself. Just an observation.

Anyone else fall into patterns based on where they are or who they are with??

Next post I will try to get my act together and have pictures ready... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment