Friday, September 7, 2012

Speed Cleaning

Over the past month I have discovered a 'new' exercise routine. Speed cleaning.

We are currently trying to sell our house. I am not always on top of things. I have a life, and cleaning is NOT at the top of the priority list. That being said, if someone wants to see the house in 3 hours, I'm not going to say no. So, enter Speed Cleaning.

I actually have to RUN through the house at various times to get it all done. Sweeping, mopping, bathroom cleaning, etc. etc... Big dirty house - clean in 2.5 hours.  I don't know how many calories I burn, but it feels like a lot. And I am always sore for 1-2 days after.



So, from now on, when it comes to cleaning time, I will be setting a timer. I figure this is a great way to get a clean house AND exercise at the same time. I love it when I can combine 2 things I don't particularly like, but have to do and spend MUCH less time on either task. More time for FUN!

So, when it comes time to clean again - set that timer and get to it!



I do have a couple of GREAT cleaning practices that make life much easier.

1. Microfiber clothes - I will never use anything else. These little babies are amazing. I use them for everything and throw them down the laundry shoot when they get too dirty to keep using. I go through 4ish per cleaning day. They work better if they are not completely soaked. I try to keep them on the drier side.

2. Vinegar and water solution - I use this for just about every surface. That being said, I don't have any surfaces that it will damage.

3. Cleaning wipes - For the toilets. Sometimes for sinks and kitchen counters as well. I use these for everyday areas that need to be cleaned up and I don't want to pull out the microfiber clothes.

What are your favorite quick cleaning tips?


1 comment:

  1. I use baking soda for a lot of things. It gets those black spots off the the drip trays and ceramic discs on my gas stove.

    I use denture cleaner tablets in the toilets. They are porcelain and so are dentures. For stubborn spots I use a pumice stone.

    ReplyDelete