Monday, May 21, 2012

Strawberry Cupcakes - Round 2


We had our second soccer party yesterday. So, I decided to give the strawberry cake one more try. This time - without the jello. I wanted something a little more natural tasting. Boy, did I find it! This is the second soccer party I have taken these little jems. Everyone has asked for me to share the recipe - so here it is.


This is a simple recipe. I used a box mix for the cake - although you could easily use your favorite yellow cake recipe. I prefer the 'butter' cake box option. The directions call for 3 eggs, 1 stick butter, and 1/2 cup water to add to the mix. I reduce the water to 1/3 cup and mix as directed. Then I fold in about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of my no sugar strawberry jam (blogged about here). Bake as directed. Cool.


I frosted these with a cream cheese frosting. This is REALLY rich and tastes almost like cheesecake.

1 box cream cheese (8oz) room temp
1 stick butter room temp
1 tsp vanilla
~1lb powdered sugar
water
Mix first 4 ingredients until smooth. Add water as needed to get the desired consistency, usually a TBSP or so is all that is needed. 


Now, to fill the cupcakes! I used a sharp knife and cut a hole in the top.


Remove the top and cut off the tip.



Fill with no sugar strawberry jam.
Replace top.




Frost.



ENJOY!

1 comment: