1. We moved. I FINALLY feel like I am out of the mountain of boxes. Or at least the mountain has been distributed into several hills spread out to different locations. Which, for now works for me. I am not starring at them and can slowly work on dealing with them as I feel like it. I guess that is one of the issues you face when majorly downsizing.
2. We now own a farm! The only animal we currently have is a dog. He is really enjoying his space and I think is finally adjusting to being with us. We adopted him, and in just 6 weeks we moved. So he has had a lot to adjust to along with the rest of us. However, we are working on transforming this building into a chicken coop!
And a view of the coop and barn early in the morning.
As typical of a farm, there is always a ton of work that needs to get done. On the top of the list is to finish the coop, get some chickens, and plant a garden. The garden space is HUGE and we will not the planting the entire thing. BUT, It is taking a bit of energy to plan.
3. Homemade Craziness. I like to try making things myself. Why? I think just to prove I can do just about anything I set my mind to. Maybe it is just to keep things changing. I may never do it again, but I like new challenges and trying new things.
I saw an article in the newspaper about all kinds of different nut butters. So, I made a mixed nut butter. I followed the same method as my homemade peanut butter, but just used some mixed nuts. WOW! I had NO IDEA what I was missing. I think I like it better than the peanut butter!
While surfing Pinterest, I came across several different coconut oil recipes. I thought I would try this one. Mine doesn't look this good. I suspect I didn't use enough coconut oil to allow the mixer to properly work. But, this is how it turned out. I will try it tonight and this weekend at the beach!
4. Funny aside: I made some hard boiled eggs - because YUM! Epic fail! I have never had 6 of the 12 eggs crack! Oh well, they were a bit over cooked, but they still make great egg salad sandwiches.
5. Dishes: we have no dish washer in this house. There is space to put one in, but that is low on the priority list for now. So until then, My kitchen seems to look like this a lot.
Doesn't really bother me much, but it feels like I am ALWAYS doing the dishes.
6. House remodeling/updating. We haven't done any true remodeling as of yet. Just taking down wallpaper and painting. Also working on pulling up the carpets. I will share some progress photos in another post.
7. Weight Progress: Through everything, I have not been sticking to any weight loss plans. On the up side, I stepped on the scale for the first time this week. Much to my surprise, my weight has held steady since before Thanksgiving. I count that as a major success -in that I didn't gain a ton of weight over the holidays without thinking much about food or exercise.
Hope you are all staying busy and enjoying life.